PAYSAFECARD PREPAID CARDS — payment method info page
Payment method: paysafecard, paysafecard Mastercard, my paysafecard account
Payment type: Prepaid Vouchers, Prepaid Mastercard, e-Wallets
Region/country: Global (available in 46 countries)
- Widely available to players and widely accepted by online casinos.
- Purchase prepaid vouchers in 46 countries at over 600,000 sales locations.
- Vouchers are available in local currencies.
- Deposit multiple paysafecards a day at online betting sites.
- Streamlined online payments for my paysafecard account holders.
- Use paysafecard vouchers uploaded to my paysafecard e-wallet accounts to fund a prepaid paysafecard Mastercard (available in select countries only).
- Prepaid paysafecard Mastercard is accepted anywhere paysafecard and/or Mastercard is accepted, including online gambling sites.
- Prepaid paysafecard Mastercard is accepted for both deposits and withdrawals at select online casinos.
- Prepaid paysafecard Mastercard is reloadable and accepted anywhere Mastercard is accepted, online and offline.
- Instant online gambling deposits (typically).
- Secure and private online transactions.
- No sensitive personal or financial data shared with online casinos/websites.
- Stand-alone prepaid vouchers and cards help protect against identification theft and fraud.
- No fees for online payment transactions/purchases/deposits.
- Prepaid cards can help to limit spending.
- Prepaid vouchers can be purchased with cash.
- Cannot be used for online gambling deposits by U.S. players.
- Limits at select online betting sites may be lower than for other payment methods.
- Maintenance fees for inactive vouchers.
- Casino withdrawals are only possible if you have a my paysafecard account and prepaid paysafecard Mastercard.
- “my paysafecard” e-wallet accounts and paysafecard prepaid Mastercard are only available in select countries.
- Only some online casinos support withdrawals for qualified players.
- Annual fees, top-up fees, and currency conversion fees for paysafecard prepaid Mastercard.
- paysafecard vouchers are only available at participating retail stores.
- paysafecard vouchers can only be used where paysafecard is accepted.
- paysafecard vouchers must be purchased in person at retail locations instead of online.
RealGamblingSites.com overview – paysafecard:
paysafecard, a global prepaid voucher and prepaid payment card provider, is owned by Paysafe Group Limited, the same company that owns e-wallet companies Neteller and Skrill. The company is best known for providing prepaid vouchers that can be acquired at over 600,000 retail locations in over 46 countries worldwide. paysafecard vouchers can be purchased with cash, for example, and can then be used to safely, securely, and privately make purchases at online retailers and deposits at online casinos that accept paysafecard.
The company has also introduced additional payment options in select countries. For example, “my paysafecard” e-wallet accounts enable online management of paysafecard prepaid vouchers, a more streamlined online checkout process, and a rewards program. Residents in some countries, including the UK and Malta, for example, can also apply for prepaid Mastercards linked to my paysafecard accounts. My paysafecard e-wallet account holders also have the option of topping up Neteller and Skrill e-wallet accounts using paysafecard. Country-specific paysafecard websites provide information about the payment products and associated fees available in that country.
paysafecard vouchers are available in a variety of currencies in 10, 25, 50, and 100 denominations. The funds do not need to be used for a single purchase. After a purchase, the remaining balance stays active and available on the card. paysafecard cards do not expire, but a monthly maintenance fee is deducted from any balance remaining on the card after 12 months.
It is easy to check the balance of a paysafecard voucher by entering the PIN found on the voucher into the “check balance” widget on the paysafe card site or app. You can also scan the QR code on the voucher with your mobile device to check the balance.
paysafecard prepaid vouchers and prepaid Mastercard debit cards are casino-friendly and are widely accepted at online casinos around the globe. paysafecard vouchers purchased in the United States do not work at online gambling sites, however.
Prepaid cards – purchasing and using paysafecard vouchers and prepaid cards
The company launched its services as a prepaid voucher provider. More recently, they have expanded their offering to include my paysafecard accounts that provide some limited e-wallet functions, and prepaid paysafecard Mastercard cards (available in select countries only).
1) paysafecard prepaid vouchers
paysafecard prepaid vouchers are physical vouchers that can be purchased using cash or other accepted payment methods at retail stores. These are stand-alone vouchers, not linked to personal or financial information, that can be used for online purchases and deposits at online gambling sites. paysafecard vouchers are not reloadable, but the balance can be used for several purchases until it’s depleted. Holding unlimited prepaid vouchers is possible.
paysafecard prepaid voucher fees
There are no charges for using paysafecard vouchers for online purchases. However, the company deducts a monthly service fee from the remaining balance if there’s a balance on the card after 12 months. paysafecard also charges a currency conversion fee on applicable purchases.
At their discretion, retailers may charge a fee at the point of purchase. It is possible to request a refund for the balance on a paysafecard, but they charge a fee for processing the refund, deducting it from the card balance.
2) my paysafecard accounts
Residents in select countries can register for a free “my paysafecard” account, which provides some limited e-wallet functionality and account management tools. My paysafecard accounts allow you to use paysafecard prepaid vouchers to add funds to your account. After topping it up with prepaid vouchers, you can use your my paysafecard account to make payments online using your account username and password instead of the 16-digit PIN codes from individual vouchers. This feature makes paying online using this method more convenient; it also allows you to combine the balances from multiple paysafecards to make larger payments and deposits online.
my paysafecard account upgrades
my paysafecard accounts are automatically registered as “Standard” accounts. However, if you use your account for frequent and/or large purchases and transfers, you can upgrade to a free “Unlimited” account by verifying your identity.
my paysafecard account perks
my paysafecard account holders can join the “my PLUS” rewards program for access to special offers and to collect points for payments made using paysafecard. Points can then be redeemed for rewards at the online PLUS Shop. If you refer friends to paysafecard successfully, you’ll receive reward points for each referral as well.
my paysafecard account fees
There are no published fees associated with registering or maintaining a paysafecard account.
3) paysafecard prepaid Mastercard
paysafecard now offers prepaid Mastercard debit cards in some countries. These cards are reloadable and linked to your my paysafecard account. You can use your account to top up your prepaid Mastercard balance at your convenience. The company’s prepaid Mastercards can be used anywhere that accepts Mastercard, online or offline, as well as at ATMs for cash withdrawals.
paysafecard prepaid Mastercard fees
paysafecard charges a low annual fee for their prepaid Mastercard as well as a fee for topping up the card (4% in the UK), a charge for ATM withdrawals (3% or a 3 GBP minimum in the UK), and a fee for making payments in a foreign currency (2% in the UK).
Charges vary depending on your country of residence. Fees and additional terms for paysafecard prepaid Mastercards can be found on the paysafecard website for your country of residence.
Using paysafecard for online gambling deposits
paysafecard prepaid vouchers and prepaid debit cards can be used to make online gambling deposits in most countries where this payment method is available. If an online casino accepts it, you can use paysafecard prepaid vouchers or your “my paysafecard” account, which is topped up with prepaid vouchers, to find your account. If you own a prepaid paysafecard Mastercard, you can also use it at online casinos that accept Mastercard.
How to get paysafecard prepaid vouchers:
- Use the paysafecard website or app to locate retail stores that sell paysafecard vouchers in your area.
- Go to a retail store and purchase one or more paysafecard vouchers.
- You’ll receive a printed payment voucher from the store with a 16-digit PIN code on it. (This voucher is as good as cash, so be careful not to lose it.)
- Your voucher is now ready to use at online gambling sites that accept paysafecard!
How to make an online gambling deposit with paysafecard prepaid vouchers:
- Log in to your online betting site.
- Go to the cashier area of the casino.
- Choose the paysafecard option for making a deposit.
- Select how much money you want to deposit.
- Enter the 16-digit PIN code on the paysafecard you purchased.
- Submit your deposit request.
- Start playing as soon as the funds are available in your account!
If you live in a country where “my paysafecard” accounts are available, you can also do the following:
- After you’ve purchased paysafecard vouchers at a retail store, log in to your “my paysafecard” account.
- You can add the vouchers to your my paysafecard account by entering the voucher numbers into your account online. The value of the vouchers will be stored and consolidated in your online account.
- To make a deposit at an online betting site, you can then use your “my paysafecard” account username and password to authorize your deposit. (It is not necessary to enter the PIN code from a voucher, as you’ve already added it to your account.)
How to get a paysafecard prepaid Mastercard:
- Register for a “my paysafecard” account using the form on the website or app, or log in to your existing account.
- From the menu, select “paysafecard Mastercard,” select the card design, and verify your information.
- Submit your order.
- Upload a copy of your photo ID to verify your identity.
- Your card will be mailed to you.
- When you receive your card, log in to your paysafecard account to activate the card.
- Go to the “paysafecard Mastercard” section of the site, click on “Activate Now,” and enter the last four digits of the card in the required field.
- Your new paysafecard Mastercard is ready for you to use!
How to make an online gambling deposit with a paysafecard prepaid Mastercard:
- Log in to your online gambling site.
- Go to the cashier area of the casino.
- Choose the Mastercard credit card option for making a deposit.
- Select how much money you want to deposit.
- Enter the credit card number for your prepaid Mastercard, the CVV code, and the expiration date on your card.
- Submit your credit card deposit request.
- Start playing as soon as the funds are available in your account!
Deposits made with paysafecard accounts and prepaid Mastercards are usually available immediately. If your casino accepts either of these payment methods for withdrawals, withdrawals can take several business days to process. Information about accepted withdrawal methods and processing times should be available in the Banking or FAQ areas of the casino site.
paysafecard acceptance at online gambling sites
Many online gambling sites accept paysafecard vouchers for making payments, and most online casinos accept prepaid Mastercard cards. paysafecard prepaid vouchers cannot be used for withdrawals at online betting sites because the vouchers cannot be reloaded. However, players who own a paysafecard account and a reloadable paysafecard prepaid Mastercard may be eligible to withdraw funds at select online casinos.
paysafecard acceptance for U.S. players
paysafecard can be purchased and used in the United States. However, those acquired in the U.S. DO NOT work at online betting sites. This is clearly stated on the company’s website, with a note saying that “paysafecard USA” is UIGEA-compliant.
Purchasing paysafecard prepaid vouchers at retail locations may be less convenient than purchasing virtual vouchers or virtual prepaid cards online. However, it is a viable option for players who want or need to use cash to fund their online gambling deposits.
paysafecard offers over 600,000 locations worldwide where paysafecard vouchers can be purchased, which makes finding a sales location relatively easy and convenient. Once you’ve acquired a prepaid voucher, you can enter the card numbers online to make a purchase or deposit, similar to entering a credit card number.
If you are a resident of a country where my paysafecard accounts are available, then managing and paying with your vouchers through your online account can be more convenient than using the physical vouchers. paysafecard prepaid Mastercard options also provide another layer of convenience, giving players the option of making deposits via Mastercard, making withdrawals at online casinos, and using the prepaid funds anywhere that accepts Mastercard.
paysafecard is usually available in denominations of 10, 25, 50, and 100 in your local currency. paysafecard vouchers and services are currently available in 46 countries; vouchers can be purchased at over 600,000 locations worldwide, including grocery stores, drug stores, gas stations, and bookstores. For example, in Amsterdam, paysafecard vouchers can be purchased at SPAR grocery stores, Albert Heijn grocery stores, and Kruidvat drug stores, all popular and easily accessible chain stores in Holland.
The paysafecard website features a search function for sales locations that provides results for participating retailers on an interactive map. The paysafecard app also features a geolocation search function for sales outlets.
Fees are discussed above in the sections paysafecard prepaid voucher fees, my paysafecard account fees, and paysafecard prepaid Mastercard fees.
Safety / security
Like other prepaid card options on the market, paysafecard prepaid vouchers and cards are private, safe, and secure payment methods unconnected to your personal or financial information. paysafecard allows you to make payments at online retailers and deposits at online casinos without sharing any of your personal, banking, or credit/debit card information.
If a physical paysafecard voucher is lost or stolen, you can lock the voucher instantly, 24/7, to stop any unauthorized purchases. If you lock a paysafecard PIN, you can’t use it to make any further purchases. However, you can request a refund for the card balance, which will be given back to you, minus a processing fee.
Paysafe Group Limited, paysafecards’ parent company, adheres to strict security guidelines and is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom.
Once you have purchased a paysafecard, deposits at online casinos are typically instantaneous. If an online betting site accepts paysafecard or Mastercard for withdrawals, processing time is usually several days, depending on the site. Information about accepted withdrawal methods and processing times should be available on the Banking/Payments or FAQ pages of your gambling site.
You can contact paysafecard customer service via email at email@example.com or use the online form on the Contact page of the paysafecard website where you will also find an FAQ page.
We were not able to find a phone number for customer support or a chat function, nor could we find any information on expected response times for email inquiries.
Purchasing and using paysafecard prepaid vouchers and registering for a free Standard account does not require verification. However, if you want to upgrade your Standard account to an Unlimited account, you will need to provide a copy of your ID and a selfie/a different photo of yourself. You will also need to verify your identity if you apply for a prepaid paysafecard Mastercard.
Online casinos typically don’t require verification when you use paysafecard vouchers for deposits. They may ask for identity or card verification if you make a withdrawal request using your paysafecard prepaid Mastercard.
Online casino bonuses / casino-friendliness
paysafecard is a casino-friendly payment option; the company actively promotes using this method for online gaming and gambling. They also promoted the launch of their prepaid Mastercard as a solution for players who want to withdraw funds from online gaming sites using paysafecard.
Online gambling sites may offer special payment method bonuses for players using paysafecard or Mastercard. Check the casino’s Bonuses/Promotions or Banking section for bonus offers and their Terms and Conditions. Any wagering you do using paysafecard or prepaid Mastercard deposits also counts towards the requirements of other bonuses offered on online betting sites.